Monday, February 11, 2008

About myself.

For many years I've always wanted to be a photographer and a writer, well after studying many years as a photographer in the early to late 70's in my home town of Seattle Washington USA I finally made that plunge.
Well it took a few years but I did it and never looked backed. I always wondered how those images of historical events and hi profile news items made it in news papers and magazines.
So years later I finally got my break and took images for a in flight airline magazine, from there I did a few small exhibits and then my big break came through.

I was hired on by AFP a French news agency one of the big three, and made a name for my self. My work has been published in news papers and magazines all over the world. Just to name a few, Dow Jones, Wall St. Journal, Far Eastern Economic Review, Asia Week, CNN, USA Today and many more.
I have covered stories from riots in Malaysia to one of the greatest natural disasters known to man the "Tsunami of 2004".
Now I do mostly commercial work for hotels and resorts, such as the Westin Hotel, Equatorial Hotel group, Tanjong Rhu and others. Other photographic endeavors included digital photography workshops and clinics.
Now based in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia the location gives me more flexibility in pursuing photographic jobs in this region.
So in a nut shell thats me.

No comments: