Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One more time


For all those couples who have participated in my free pre wedding shoot, its been lots of fun. 
I just wrote a message on Malaysian brides .com but seems like they already took it down hmm wonder why. 
Well any way my project seems to be doing very well and my young couples have been very happy with the results so far. Therefore I'm right on target in formulating my own interpretation of wedding photography. By using my many years as a photojournalist and an editorial photographer I have been able to combine the two styles into something quite unique have been able to produce some very amazing wedding shots and I've never done a wedding shoot in my life.  What I am in doing is providing an alternative to the very very boring style of wedding images I've seen. This project has been very challenging in both creativity and physically but worth the challenge. There not very many wedding photographers who can challenge me due to the amount of high end gear I have, plus my many years doing editorial assignments all over the world. 
By using nothing but the best in camera and lens equipment the couples who have been taking part in my project have been given a life time opportunity for Free! 
I've come to the point where I am starting to figure this wedding photography business out and I'm coming to the conclusion that there is very little creativity and most of it is just down right boring. Like I tell the couples during my interview that I am not a wedding photographer and don't pretend to be so don't expect traditional wedding shots. 
Anyway I am going to select 2 more couples for a September shoot, and I will be interviewing them very soon, so if you read this message please call me at 016-956-8697 or email me at 
johnishii@mac.com ASAP. Cut off date is Saturday the 19th of July. 

13 comments:

The Lab Ratz said...

Hello John, it was the same with me when I posted it on malaysia brides. I guess you cant blame them cause they want the advertising dollars to maintain their site ... but thats another story. In the meantime, take care and let's keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

hey john, i'm getting married in september. !!!! is hotel station master who i think it is?

Anonymous said...

Halo John, i personally feels that's kinda rude, if u want to take down ppl's post just kindly inform ppl.. as simple as that. Anyway, great work!!

John W. Ishii Photographer said...

Thanks, but have no idea what your talking about, I never took down any comments for posts. In fact your only the 3rd comment.

Anonymous said...

Halo John, sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean "them" as referring to Malaysian brides.com not you. :)

John W. Ishii Photographer said...

Now I understand, funny they do that but I think they Malaysian Brides .com want to protect their advertisers, which I can understand.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

wow, nice photo... i think the bride-to-be must be really grateful to have a FOC pre-wedding photo session. Wondering if you are offering FOC pregnancy photography too... :P

Anonymous said...

too bad...
im too late :(

Anonymous said...

yes.. u own the highend gear.
but look at your photos at pbase..
ergh... wasted D3. imho :P

John W. Ishii Photographer said...

Preg photos hmm sounds interesting and challenging give me a call and lets work something out.

Sunshine said...

oh man, i think im too late again right? but september is fasting month, even if i made it through the interview i dont think i can go through photoshoot without food and water :(

Anonymous said...

Hi john, too bad, im late...but really hope you can take photo for us..really great job.

Unknown said...

hey John.. love ur job soooo much.. am I too late?